[R-sig-eco] Statistics applied to Geography using R

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Fri Jul 3 14:18:40 CEST 2009

Manuel, It would be very useful to know what you mean with 'geography'. Ideological and cultural aspects in regional transformation or periglacial processes? Geography is one of the most variable fields of science, and sometimes people have trouble in defining what is geography (indeed, I had a book exam on that subject when studying geography). One thing is clear: geostatistics is not equal to geography. Biogeography and palaeoecology may be - depends who you ask. A bit more specific question could perhaps get informative answers.

Cheers, Jari Oksanen