[R-sig-eco] Vegan DCCA axis length

David Giordano Armanini david.armanini at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:30:56 CET 2009

Hi everyone,
happy new year.
I am new to the list so apologise for uncorrect use.
I am using the Vegan package version 1.16.9 and I am encountering
problems on obtaining the length of axis of a DCCA/pCCA,
I have read previous threads in which Gavin Simpson and Jari Oksanen
states that are not available routines in vegan to retrieve this
information.
I am interested in the length of the DCCA/pCCA axis as I would like to
perform a similar analyses to the one Lancaster et al. 1996 performed
to measure community persistence in acified stream (Freshwater Biology
1996 36, 179–201) and to the similar one performed as well by Woodward
(Freshwater biology 2002 47 1419-1435).
Thus, my question is how can I retrieve the standard deviations of
species turnover in a DCCA/pCCA? I can not use a simple DCA as I need
to use both conditions (Site) and Constrains (years),
thanks in advance,
kind regards,
David