[R-sig-eco] add lines outside of the plot region

Chris Gast cmgast at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:22:02 CET 2009

Jason Van Tassell <van-tassell.1 at ...> writes:

> Hello,
> I am trying to add lines outside of the plot region, as one would mtext
command.  Is this possible?  I have not
> found an example and have failed with every attempt.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated...thanks

> Jason Van Tassell
> Ohio State University

Hi Jason,

I have some code that I think will help you.  I cannot post it here because I
keep receiving errors that I have lines of code greater than 80 lines long.  For
that reason, you can find the code here:

http://students.washington.edu/cgast/Text%20and%20Lines%20Outside%20Box.R

It's a bit of a hokey example, but perhaps you'll get the idea. You're probably
interested in the parts including and below the line
"par(new=TRUE,mar=c(0,0,0,0),srt=0)"