[R-sig-eco] error in 'rownames??

Megan Perry m.perry at uaf.edu
Wed Aug 26 23:33:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to analyze my data using a linear mixed effects model, using
the nlme package. The model I am using is:

 >LW<-lme(fixed=r ~ t,random = ~ 1 | s, method=c("ML"), data=NPLW)

but, I am stumped with the error message:

Error in `rownames<-`(`*tmp*`, value = c("1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6",  :
  attempt to set rownames on object with no dimensions
In addition: Warning message:
In Ops.factor(y[revOrder], Fitted) : - not meaningful for factors

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Thanks,

Megan

Megan Perry

Alaska Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit - USGS

Institute of Arctic Biology

211 Irving I

PO Box 757020

University of Alaska Fairbanks