[R-sig-eco] Need an algorithm

Mark Andersen manderse at nmsu.edu
Wed Apr 22 05:42:23 CEST 2009

Many thanks for all the responses to my query regarding identifying
simulated fire scars and computing their sizes. I received many helpful
looking for is called a connected clusters algorithm, and is, as I
suspected, well-known in percolation theory. Julian Burgos provided some
code that will do what I need. My next decision will be whether to
convert Julian's code to Matlab, or to convert my existing Matlab code to R.
Again, my thanks to all!
regards,
Mark A.

--
Dr. Mark C. Andersen, Professor
Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Ecology