[R-sig-eco] Are likelihood approaches frequentist?

prado prado at ib.usp.br
Mon Sep 29 17:27:59 CEST 2008

Thanks, Rubén

My point with this topic was to clarify that the likelihood-based
approach is a distinct paradigm in statistical inference, and there is
people in biology applying it successfully.

I agree with you that this point should be better stressed, specially
for biologists. Taper & Lelle  "The Nature of Scientific Evidence"
(Chigago Univ Press, 2007) is a great help in this respect.

Could you indicate the best works by Nelder Lindsey that could
contribute to this point?

Abraços

Paulo

--
Paulo Inácio de Knegt López de Prado
Depto. de Ecologia - Instituto de Biociências - USP