[R-sig-eco] Analyzing hemispheric photos in R? (opheliawang at mail.utexas.edu)

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Tue Oct 21 18:15:14 CEST 2008

Hi Ophelia,
You are working in an area where R is pretty weak. You will have
to write your own code to do this, however there are a few packages
that support image analysis. They are

EBImage on bioconductor
biOps
rimage

Some of the Spatial packages like RGDAL and RGrass might help as well.
You can also look at Dr. Paul Rich's stuff at
http://www.creeksidescience.com/download.html

I think the one you want is canopy.
Its an old program, so i don't know if it will work on vista.
Anyway you slice it you'll have to do some programming.

Nicholas