[R-sig-eco] Clustering large data

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:40:21 CEST 2008

> Thanks for your responses. The biggest problem seems to be cast() for
> the reshape package which could not handle the dataset. Peter's solution
> using the mefa package worked fine. I found an other solution: table()
> which works fine to crosstabulate presence-only data.

Exactly what error did you get?  Or did it just take a very long time
and then you gave up?  I have an experimental rewrite of the reshape
package that is more memory efficient and much faster (10 - 20x) -
however, it's still some time from being ready for production use.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/