[R-sig-eco] GEE and AIC

BriAnne Addison brianne.addison at gmail.com
Fri May 30 00:50:40 CEST 2008

This is tangential to the previous string.

Has anyone calculated (pseudo)AIC values for generalized estimation
equations in the GEE package (or related packages)?  I wish to compare
among several models where the data are not phylogenetically
independent.  I plan to use GEE to account for my phylogeny, rather
than conventional contrast values, because I have a relatively small
sample size and a variety of continuous and multilevel discrete
factors.  The statistical problem is analogous to data which is
spatially autocorrelated.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
BriAnne

BriAnne Addison