[R-sig-eco] variance partition in vegan

Alejandro González jano at rjb.csic.es
Tue May 27 17:30:15 CEST 2008

Hello all,
I have used up to date CANOCO to perform the Variance partition approach
(Borcard et al 1992).
I have recently used vegan package and I have shown that variance
partition is also implemented. As I prefer to use R rather than CANOCO,
I would like to know if results are strictly the same, because in some
publications using this technique in CANOCO they only take into account
significant variables according to MonteCarlo tests, and to my
knowledge), with the vegan  approach R does not do so.
Thanks a lot

--
Alejandro González Fernández de Castro
Departamento de Biodiversidad y Conservación

Claudio Moyano, 1
28014 Madrid

Tel. 00 34 914203017