[R-sig-eco] nlme model specification

Caroline Lehmann caroline.lehmann at cdu.edu.au
Fri May 23 02:55:18 CEST 2008

 Hello, I would suggest reading: Prior L. D., Brook B. W., Williams R. J., Werner P. A., Bradshaw C. J. A. & Bowman D. M. J. S. (2006) Environmental and allometric drivers of tree growth rates in a north Australian savanna. Forest Ecology and Management 234, 164-80.

In this paper tree growth was analysed and accounted for the repeated measure of individuals using either glmm or lme (now the in lmer package). Models were compared and ranked using AICc. I would suggest modifying this to BIC since there are so many measurements.

Kind regards, Caroline