[R-sig-eco] unplanned contrasts with categorical and continuous variables

Rowan Brookes rowan.brookes at sci.monash.edu.au
Tue Aug 5 11:47:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have conducted a general linear model with a mixture of continuous
(POSITION; flower position on a raceme) and categorical (POLLEN and
RESOURCE) variables.

The model looks like this:
seedset.glm<-glm(MNSEED~POSITION*POLLEN*RESOURCE, family = gaussian,
data = PR)

I have a significant interaction between position, pollen and resource
but am unsure of how I should be doing an unplanned comparison when I
have both categorical and continuous variables.  Can anybody direct me
in the right direction?

I had initially turned flower position into a categorical variable, but
had some opposition to this from reviewers.

Thanks very, very much,

Rowan