[R-sig-eco] Boosted regression trees

Sam Veloz sdveloz at ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 16 20:12:26 CEST 2008

The code they provide is really easy to use and so far I have gotten
great results. Does require a little of work though because you do have
optimize several parameters, which they discuss in the paper. Also,
because you are often running >1000 iterations, running each model takes
much longer than a glm for example. So far with my work I have found
better predictive accuracy using boosted regression trees vs GLM's or
multi adaptive regression splines.

Sam