[R-sig-eco] Welcome All

Hollister.Jeff at epamail.epa.gov Hollister.Jeff at epamail.epa.gov
Wed Apr 16 17:12:05 CEST 2008

I was a little concerned that we would not have enough interest to
sustain a list on R in Ecology.  Evidently my concern was unfounded.

Within the first hour or so nearly 60 people have signed up.

I look forward to the discussions/questions/etc to come.

Again, I view this list as a place for ecologists to seek and provide
advice, assistance, ideas, announcements (i.e. new scripts, books, etc.)
on R in ecology.  Through this, I think we can increase the number of
ecologists using R.  Lastly, I hope that posting to R-sig-ecology will
be slightly less daunting than posting questions to the larger R-help
list and towards that end, I encourage all who have an interest to take
part.

So as a first step, please feel free to extend and invitation to anyone
whom you feel would benefit from this list.

Cheers,
Jeff

Dr. Jeffrey W. Hollister
US EPA