[R-sig-dyn-mod] simecol - communication between solver and equation slot

Alain Danet @|@|n@d@net @end|ng |rom mnhn@|r
Tue Mar 26 17:54:01 CET 2019

Dear all,

       I simulate ecological models (as ODE systems) using the simecol
       <https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/simecol/index.html>
       package framework which makes very easy the use and the sharing of
       ecological models through the object class SimObj (See here
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/simecol/vignettes/a-simecol-introduction.pdf>).

       I want to implement a steady-state which stops the simulation once
       the derivatives become very low.

       According to this vignette
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rootSolve/vignettes/rootSolve.pdf>
       and this example
<https://unamatematicaseltigre.blogspot.com/2016/08/how-to-simulate-bouncing-ball-in-r-more.html>,
       you can implement it easily.

       You have just to supply a custom solver which check the values of
       the derivatives.

       The problem is that the custom solver does not look to be able
       reach the |equations| slot of the SimObj.

       I would like to keep this nice functionality of the equation slots
       to switch easily between different types of functional response.

       I have developed a reproducible example here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49819582/r-simecol-and-steady-state-rootfun-cannot-access-to-the-simobj-equations-slot

       Thank you for your help.

       Best regards,

       Alain.