[R-sig-dyn-mod] metapopulation model with random effect in parameters

Thomas Petzoldt thom@@@petzoldt @ending from tu-dre@den@de
Thu Sep 27 10:26:50 CEST 2018

Hi,

this is a common task for the dynamic modeler, its solution depends on
the model and the data. Package 'simecol' contains two convenience
functions approxTime and approxTime1, but for small small models like
yours its easiest to write just three approxfun'ctions. You can put them
in a list, if you wish. approxfun is quite efficient, given that the
interpolation tables are not too big.

For larger models, one may consider to write an own interpolation
function. This works well and can be faster than approx, appproxfun or
approxTime, if data are given in equidistant resolution, because you can
then directly calculate the position of grid points without searching.

As an alternative, you can also supply a Fortran or C-model to deSolve.
Then deSolve provides a built-in interpolator.

Hope it helps,

Thomas