[R-sig-dyn-mod] Using dynamically compiled code for use with deSolve in a new package

Thomas Petzoldt thomas.petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Thu Dec 7 14:09:19 CET 2017

Am 07.12.2017 um 10:55 schrieb Rampal Etienne:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks. Package building works now. However, when running a check, I get:
>
> * checking compiled code ... NOTE
> File 'secsse/libs/i386/secsse.dll':
>    Found no calls to: 'R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'
> File 'secsse/libs/x64/secsse.dll':
>    Found no calls to: 'R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'
>
> Where should I have made these calls?

This is a Note, not an error, but it is good style to fix this. CRAN has
increasing quality standards for good reasons, the R_registerRoutines
check was introduced some months ago. Details can be found in:

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-releas/R-exts.html#Registering-native-routines

> Furthermore, I get:
>
> * checking if this is a source package ... WARNING
> Subdirectory 'src' contains:
>    dimmod.mod
>
> I did not create this file, so don't know where this is coming from. Do
> you have any clue?

Include it in the .Rbuildignore file. See again "Writing R Extensions":

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#index-_002eRbuildignore-file

> Cheers, Rampal

Hope it helps, Thomas

PS: The ideal place for such topics is the R package development mailing
list: https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-package-devel