[R-sig-dyn-mod] lsoda FASTER than ode45 (was: lsoda (deSolve) order of magnitude slower than ode45)

Andras Farkas motyocska at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 12:34:00 CET 2017

As Thomas have mentioned implement it in C or Fortran, will do wonders to speed

Andras

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 6:30 AM, Maciek Jacek Swat<maciej.swat at gmail.com> wrote:   Thanks Thomas, much appreciated!

However, the Nanda model was only used to learn how to use deSolve most
effectively.
Unfortunately, for a real, very stiff, model with 130 ODEs, which I cannot
share, I have the following stats
- 'lsoda' - 320 seconds
- 'vode' - 150 seconds
- 'bdf'  - 430 seconds
while ode15s takes 5 (five) seconds.

I'm trying now to find the new bottleneck (after correcting the 'times'
setting Karline and you pointed out) ...

Best, Maciej