[R-sig-dyn-mod] Dimension error using ode.2D

amiller at math.utah.edu amiller at math.utah.edu
Fri Nov 3 07:53:00 CET 2017

Hello,

I am getting the following error when I use ode.2D:

Error in ode.2D(y = uini, times = times, func = tissue2D_deriv, parms =
NULL,  :
  cannot run ode.2D: dimensions are not an integer fraction of number of
state variables

I think the reason may be because one of my state variables is defined on
the full 2D domain so that its dimensions are nx*ny (nx is number of x
grid points, ny is number of y grid points). I have another state variable
that is only defined on a 1D slice so that its dimensions are nx*1.

The state variable ("G") that is defined on the full 2D domain undergoes
2D diffusion, and the state variable that is defined on the 1D slice is
dependent on G. I am using ode.2D because I am solving the PDE using
method of lines.

Is there a way to model PDEs (solved using method of lines) and ODEs (that
are dependent on the solution of the PDEs) using ode.2D?

Thank you,
Anna