[R-sig-dyn-mod] Using dynamically compiled code for use with deSolve in a new package

Rampal Etienne rampaletienne at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 13:20:04 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I have written C and FORTRAN functions to use with deSolve and found
that it works significantly faster than the analogous R functions. So
far so good! However, now I want to build a package that uses this code.
How do I do this? I can include the DLL in the package (so no more
compilation by the user of the package, just loading it), but then the
user needs to be able to find it. Where will this be installed? That may
be different on different systems. Any suggestions?

Cheers, Rampal