[R-sig-dyn-mod] error attaching package deSolve

Darin Perusich darin at darins.net
Fri Jan 8 16:30:01 CET 2016

Hello All,

Please bear with me, I'm a systems administrator helping an end user
troubleshoot a problem.

When attempting to load the deSolve library it's failing with the
message 'The following object is masked from ‘package:graphics’:
matplot', however the graphics library is loaded, (.packages()) lists
it, see my output below. However if I manually load graphics and then
deSolve it's loads without issue.

Can anyone shed some light as to what might be causing this?

R-base 3.2.2
deSolve 1.13-1 installed via install.packages("deSolve",
repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

The output that I'm seeing...

linux-4on9:~> R

R version 3.2.2 (2015-08-14) -- "Fire Safety"
Copyright (C) 2015 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-suse-linux-gnu (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> (.packages())
[1] "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"  "methods"
[7] "base"
> library('deSolve')

Attaching package: ‘deSolve’

--