[R-sig-dyn-mod] How to find equilibrium conditions for simObjs (simecol package)

Tom Drake Tom.D at tropmedres.ac
Wed Oct 5 05:09:02 CEST 2016

Hello R-sig-dynamic-models forum,

I’m using simecol for epidemiological transmission modelling.

I’d like to find the equilibrium conditions for these models. rootSolve can do this but:

1.       It seems the models would need to be rewritten as regular deSolve functions

2.       It will be fiddly to incorporate the additional aspects of simecol models such as the functions in the inputs slot

3.       There are a large number of simObjs I want to do this for

Is there a convenient way to find the steady state conditions of simObjs?

Many thanks

Tom