[R-sig-dyn-mod] Qn about FME package

Vishal Mehta vishal.mehta at sei-us.org
Mon Jul 18 23:28:07 CEST 2016

Dear list,

I've been trying to use FME for sensitivity analysis, parameter estimation and uncertainty analysis, using a simple 1d groundwater model in R (for a groundwater study in India).

I've been trying to follow along the JSS article ("Inverse modeling, sensitivity and monte carlo analysis in R using package FME"), using my model: but I have gotten stuck at the sensFun step: I am not able to get a sensitivity analysis (it comes out all zeros). I am guessing parameter values are not getting perturbed.

Does it work only for differential equations?

I am attaching the R code..if at all you can help, I would really appreciate it! Note, one of the codes is to calculate parameter sensitivity, the other was to try and calibrate (model fit)

Regards,

Vishal K. Mehta<http://sei-us.org/about/staff_person/19>, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist,
Stockholm Environment Institute-US