[R-sig-dyn-mod] FME Package -help

Daniel Kaschek daniel.kaschek at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Sep 28 20:57:52 CEST 2015

Hi Adriele,

I think, it is not possible to send attachments over the help list.
Perhaps you can copy paste the code.

I am not an expert on Bayesian statistics, but to my knowledge parameter
estimation in a Bayesian and a frequentist setting differ especially for
parameters in combination with uninformative data, i.e. parameters that
cannot be determined from the data. In the Bayesian setting you
basically get the parameter distribution back that you set as prior. In
the frequentist setting where you maximize the log-likelihood, you find
flat directions in parameter space, i.e. no curvature of the
log-likelihood -> large variance/covariance. Might this be the reason?

Best regards,
Daniel