[R-sig-dyn-mod] Latent Differential Equation Model

Austin Mullings amullings09 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 00:23:47 CET 2015

Hey everyone!

This might be a little complicated, as I still very new to differential
equations. Specifically, I am a first year clinical psychology graduate
student. I am interested in using a latent differential equation or
stochastic differential equation for my thesis.

I am interested in looking at 2-3 variables and how they influence each
other (i.e., as a dynamic system) over time. I have a data set I am
interested in using for my thesis (i.e., how self-efficacy and another
variable influence post-traumatic stress over time). This data set has only
3 time occasions though, and about 120 participants. I was wondering
whether this would be enough, or if the model would be unstable.

Any replies or guidance is helpful!