[R-sig-dyn-mod] 2-D Cylindrical Model

Fri Sep 12 23:53:31 CEST 2014

I have been using ReacTran to solve the heat equation for self-reactive
solid materials, starting with the 1-d infinite plane model, then a 1-d
spherical model and now I am looking at solving for a finite (short
equicylinder) cylinder in 2-d coordinates as there will be no rotational
variation in properties around the z axis, so discretising in z and r only.
I have been setting up a model using tran.2d for r and z, but I was just
trying to clarify whether the areas used A.x and A.y should be 2*pi*r*dr
and 2*pi*r*dz setup through setup.prop.1D.
As an alternative I am considering using tran.cylindrical, and using a
single cell in the theta direction, I wondered whether this approach made
more sense?

thanks for any help
Stephen