[R-sig-dyn-mod] timestep()

Daniel Reed reeddc at umich.edu
Wed Aug 7 17:46:41 CEST 2013

Hi all:

I have a question about the function timestep() in the package deSolve. Whenever I call timestep() from the model function that is being solved by ode.1D() using the vode method, the return value I get is always zero – both when using prev=TRUE or prev=FALSE. [I'm checking by using print(timestep()) in my model function.] Any ideas why this is the case? Does this function not work with vode or ode.1D, or am I using it incorrectly?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Daniel C. Reed, PhD.
Postdoctoral Fellow,
Dept. of Earth & Environmental Sciences,
University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
email: reeddc at umich.edu
web: www.danielreed.org