[R-sig-dyn-mod] Repost: using delay ODEs in compiled model of deSolve

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at TU-Dresden.de
Thu Mar 21 14:12:16 CET 2013

On 3/19/2013 3:43 PM, Tomas Radivoyevitch wrote:
> I had the same question about 6 months ago, and about 2 years ago
> before that, and am in essentially the same boat.  My feeling is that
> if it was easy, there would have been an example of doing it
> somewhere in the documentation. I'm waiting for one of the package
> maintainers to make such an example. In the mean time, I'm ditching
> delay equations and going with higher order ODEs instead.

Using additional states or higher order equations sounds quite natural
to me... but in order to get rid of such questions, I digged into
the code ;-)

Now, the development version of deSolve (on R-Forge) seems to be
able to run compiled DDEs. Who is interested to test it?

Have fun!

Thomas P.

--
Dr. Thomas Petzoldt