[R-sig-dyn-mod] Possible bug specifying root functions for lsodes

McGrath, Justin M jmcgrath at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 5 23:49:14 CET 2013

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for the response. I'm modeling a system similar to one that has been modeled before, and the original authors recommended a stiff solver (they use ode15s in Matlab). I tried several of the solvers in deSolve (including nonstiff ones) and the results from some solvers were clearly bad (lsode didn't work well), and although some other solvers produced decent results (I forget which solvers), the results from lsodes seemed best. lsodes was also faster than most other solvers. Calculating roots isn't necessary - I was trying to do that so that the solver could stop when it reached steady state, which would make some things easier for me.

Best wishes,
Justin