[R-sig-dyn-mod] "Special" Euler function with verbose output

Daniel Reed reeddc at umich.edu
Wed Jul 11 18:12:43 CEST 2012

Hi all:

I have encountered a problem with the euler() function in the deSolve package that I hoped someone could help me with. A brief example of the issue is included below.

library("deSolve")

Model<-function(t,C,p){
        return(list(-p*C))
}

p<-0.1
C<-1

soln<-euler(y=C,times=seq(0,10,by=0.1),func=Model,parms=p,verbose=T)

After counting through the time steps, I receive the following error message:

 return code
Error in if (name == "daspk") printididdaspk(idid) else printidid(idid) :
  argument is of length zero

Nevertheless, if I switch verbose=F then I don't seem to get this error. Is this a bug or due to incorrect use of the function?

Thanks in advance!