[R-sig-dyn-mod] Using spline_coef and spline_eval in C code

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Wed Apr 13 17:23:41 CEST 2011

On 13.04.2011 16:31, Daniel Kaschek wrote:
> Dear mailing list members,
>
> I want to use spline_coef and spline_eval (from the stats library)
> directly in my C code. The problem is that these functions are not
> listed in any of the header files in /usr/share/R/include.
>
> What do I need to make them available?

Hi Daniel,

the spline code can be found in file splines.c of package 'stats':

https://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/src/library/stats/src

The file has about 7kbytes size, so the most pragmatic way is to put a
copy into your own source directory. This is legal as long as your
derived work will be redistributed under the GPL, too.

Thomas

--
Thomas Petzoldt

Technische Universitaet Dresden
Faculty of Forest, Geo and Hydro Sciences
Institute of Hydrobiology
01062 Dresden, Germany

E-Mail: thomas.petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
http://tu-dresden.de/Members/thomas.petzoldt