[R-sig-dyn-mod] Turbidostat Model

Uta Berger uta.berger at tu-dresden.de
Wed Dec 8 13:59:18 CET 2010

Hallo to all,
I successfully used deSolve  to describe the dynamics of a Turbidostat experiment there the biomass of growing algae is reduced by dilution in defined time steps. I am grateful for the implementation of the event function making this easy.

However, I need to model another "event" which does not directly change the value of a state variable. The growth rate "r" is reduced by toxic elements during the first time steps. I can describe this, e.g., by a correction factor 'korr'. Is it possible to change the value of this factor  event-like?

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Uta.