[R-sig-dyn-mod] ODE question

Hill, Andrew N. anhill at emory.edu
Fri Jul 2 06:25:44 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a system of ODEs for an infectious disease model. It is a heterogeneous SEIR model, where each S, E, I, R type compartment has n strata. Depending on the situation, n is typically of the order of 10. My question is can I define the system of ODEs by some kind of vectorization and pass to deSolve to solve? Rather than type out the 10*4=40 differential equations, I would prefer to set it up as 4 vectorized diff eqs for each S, E, I, R. How do I do this in R and specify 4 initial conditions consisting of vectors of length 10 then solve it with deSolve?

I hope my question makes sense and thanks in advance.

Andrew

This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for t...{{dropped:11}}