[R-sig-dyn-mod] Problem with simecol and ode - crash from R

Thomas Petzoldt Thomas.Petzoldt at tu-dresden.de
Wed Oct 21 14:32:07 CEST 2009

Rainer M Krug wrote:

> Well - actually not. I updated after I send the email already, and tried it
> again:
>
>> library(simecol)
>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)
> i486-pc-linux-gnu

Rainer,

sorry, but I cannot reproduce this crash. Not on R-2.9.0 or R-2.11-devel
on Windows and not on R 2.7.1 / Debian Linux.

We had this problem in the past and I was sure that it was solved. Are
you sure that you installed deSolve 1.5, i.e. was your CRAN mirror up to
date?

Nevertheless, using another solver (e.g. vode) should be be a reasonable
workaround for you and we keep it in mind for the next release.

Thank you for your report

Thomas P.