[R-sig-Debian] Default CXXFLAGS

Tue May 21 14:08:02 CEST 2024

On 21 May 2024 at 13:01, Jeroen Ooms wrote:
| Compiling packages with C++ code using the default r-base-dev
| configuration on debian:sid shows a lot of:
|
|    cc1plus: warning: '-Werror=' argument
| '-Werror=implicit-function-declaration' is not valid for C++
|
| Can this flag be removed from R CMD config CXXFLAGS?

"No."

That was quoting Simon Urbanek from a few years ago. You cannot undo what it
is in R's own /etc/R/Makeconf via a programmatic way via some sort of option
or alike. It is fixed. You and I know that you can add to the right-hand side
via ~/.R/Makeconf and that is about it AFAIK.

Of course you can also call `sed` and alike to modify it (in a container,
say). Maybe that is what you really want to do.

Actually, it is also a 'conffile' as far as `apt` and friends are concerned.
So you can always do `sudo vi ...` it and call it a day. The changes should
persist in the way changes you the admin made to your config files persist.

I am afraid that is all we have here.

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org