[R-sig-Debian] Issues with Ubuntu 22.04 and Installing the Latest Version of R (R 4.4.1) to Docker Image

m@rcobi@@chette m@iii@g oii icioud@com m@rcobi@@chette m@iii@g oii icioud@com
Thu Jul 11 19:03:01 CEST 2024

Yes, keep the $(lsb-release -cs) there. This allows you to change the version of the OS without having to change anything else (for instance we are migrating all of our docker to 24.04 LTS right now, so we only have to modify the FROM entry and all of our Dockerfile will still work).

From: Gerber, Lauren J <lauren.gerber using helsinki.fi>
Date: Thursday, July 11, 2024 at 2:21 AM
To: marcoblanchette using icloud.com <marcoblanchette using icloud.com>, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org>
Cc: Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org>, r-sig-debian using r-project.org <r-sig-debian using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-sig-Debian] Issues with Ubuntu 22.04 and Installing the Latest Version of R (R 4.4.1) to Docker Image
Hi Marco,

Thank you for the follow up email.

In the line below, do I replace $(lsb-release -cs) with jammy (Ubuntu 22.04) or leave it alone:

Add-apt-repository “deb https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu jammy-cran40/”

It’s good to know about installations for Bioconductor. I am not currently using it, but I may need it in the future for other projects.

Br,
Lauren
--
Lauren J. Gerber