[R-sig-Debian] Issues with Ubuntu 22.04 and Installing the Latest Version of R (R 4.4.1) to Docker Image

Mon Jul 8 16:52:24 CEST 2024

Lauren,

Glad you made it over here. I am still 'away' but will be back soon at which
point I can re-run the sample scripts I use all the time for r2u setups on
Ubuntu (part of which involves getting R itself).

>From your previous email (to me) I gathered that one issue may be the
signing key, how to install that key changed between Ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04
but we do have scripted solutions.

>From your new email here I see that it ends on

   E: You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.

That is a HARD error message. You are asking your computer to install a
(large) package (name 'r-base' and its dependencies).  Maybe start with

   sudo apt install --no-install-recommends r-base-core

You can precede it with 'apt-cache policy r-base-core' (as I had mentioned
before) to see whether you have the right repo and version available.

Overall, I think you are very close in the somewhat technical quest of adding
the CRAN/R repo to another container.

Good luck,  Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org