[R-sig-Debian] Fwd: package interflex

Wed Jun 7 14:10:02 CEST 2023

On 6 June 2023 at 17:53, Richard Careaga wrote:
| I was delighted I with how fast (faster than a tickled toddler giggles) r2u scarfed packages I. up my Pop!_OS (Ubuntu in party attire tuned for System76). But, despite 40 years as my own sys admin (classic fool for a client?), I bolluxed up, ending up with an install chain that was inferior to compiling from source, despite having to occasionally track down system dependencies. Absolutely no criticism of the Spidey Precept, and it’s hard to make things foolproof because we fools are so ingenious.
|
| I may be foolish but it’s possible that I’m more knowledgeable than the large majority of R users, so I hope that the future of this brilliant tool lies in easing the paths. Assuming, always, that it’s just not me.

Sorry to hear -- but reproducible example always help us "help you".

I use r2u as the basis for all my CI, including jobs at work more people look
at / would get mad if they failed.  It simply assembles an 'apt' system, and
those "just work". (Note that I refer to plain Ubuntu 22.04; I am not a PopOS
user so that may throw a spanner in as may other derivatives. Or it may
work. I just do not know.)

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org