[R-sig-Debian] custom built R will not change BLAS/LAPACK with update-alternatives

Sun Dec 31 01:05:43 CET 2023

On 30 December 2023 at 23:49, Ramon Diaz-Uriarte wrote:
| All is good. (Just for the sake of curiosity, and if you have the time: why did you find those incantations suspicious?)

Memory is fuzzy and no ECC in my wetware :)  but as I seem to recall it had
to do with my fears over filenames not being standardized enough / this
interfering with the update-alternatives mechanism. May well have been
unfounded (I don't recall), may well have bitten me at some point (I don't
recall either).  So ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad you have what you want working as "The rest is details."

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org