[R-sig-Debian] Is r2u at 4.3.1 [edited]?

Wed Aug 16 15:10:15 CEST 2023

Chris,

I edited the README.md for r2u (also the main page at
https://eddelbuettel.github.io/r2u) in a few places, that should hopefully
address a few of the snafus you found.

As for your question 'is r2u running R version x.y.z' there are few way to
find out

 - if you have docker:  docker run --rm -ti rocker/r2u
   with the default 'latest' tag for 22.04, tags 22.04 and 20.04 also work

 - in the webbrowser (!!) as long demonstrated on that page via gitpad.io

 - in the webbrowser (!!) or via the 'code' editor as added last weekend in
   a new vignette https://eddelbuettel.github.io/r2u/vignettes/Codespaces/
   (also on my blog, and tweeted & tooted about).

That last part is compelling as GitHub gives a number of free compute hours
for codespace on either a 2-core, 4gb instance or a 4-core, 16gb instance
which is really not too shabby. (Instead of clicking on '+' select '...' and
'new with options', pick bigger instance and/or other options).

Cheers, Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org