[R-sig-Debian] Installing R 4.1.2 doesn't work as it did a week ago

Mon May 9 17:13:29 CEST 2022

On 9 May 2022 at 08:07, Chad Young wrote:
| Okay, thanks for all your help.

The rocker-versioned stack may be of help to you.  There is generally a
container for each R release so you could start at 4.1.2 -- and it then knows
where to look for RSPM binaries.  But that is fundamentally different from
"just using apt".

| On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 8:02 AM Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:
| > if were a random day you liked between R 4.1.2 and 4.1.3. The repos, and
| > package management software, are designed for that use case.

PS I actually omitted an important 'not' there:  "are not designed for that"

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org