[R-sig-Debian] Using PPA c2d4u.team on Ubuntu 22.04?

Michael Rutter m@rutter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 9 15:10:45 CEST 2022

On 5/9/22 5:26 AM, Matthieu S wrote:
> Hi
>
> We recently installed a server with Ubuntu 22.04, and tried to add the nice
> c2d4u ppa, with:
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:c2d4u.team/c2d4u4.0+
>
> It leads to error:
> E: The repository '
> https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/c2d4u.team/c2d4u4.0+/ubuntu jammy Release'
> does not have a Release file.
> N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
> disabled by default.
>
> Does it mean I am just impatient and the PPA has not been prepared for the
> new version, or should I adjust something in the command?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matthieu

Matthieu,

Builds for Jammy will begin this week.  New LTS releases always coincide
with the end of the semester of my day job, which makes it difficult to
carve out the time.  In addition, when a new LTS is released, the
Launchpad server farm is under heavy load, so waiting a bit makes the
building more efficient in terms of dependencies.  Hope to have a
majority of the packages in place by next week.