[R-sig-Debian] R Graphics engine again - Was: Accepted r-base 4.1.3.20220324-1 (source) into unstable

Tue Mar 29 14:51:28 CEST 2022

On 29 March 2022 at 14:37, Johannes Ranke wrote:
| - The graphics engine version, R_GE_version, has been bumped to 15 and so
| packages that provide graphics devices should be reinstalled

Correct. It's been in r-devel for months as Paul did some nice extensions
work there (and described it in posts on the R Core blog at [1]).

I am generally in favour of keeping it simple and just suggest reinstallation
/ rebuilds of graphics packages.

I'll aim to update r-base in unstable every four or so days to keep it out of
testing. Please test R 4.2.0 now before the actual release in ~ four weeks.

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org