[R-sig-Debian] RcppEigen 0.3.3.9.2 install on rstudio 2022.07.1 Build 554 (R 4.2.1)

Wed Aug 24 14:27:40 CEST 2022

On 24 August 2022 at 12:54, Donal Hunt wrote:
| these warnings can be turned off through the use of the following snippet
| in ~/.R/Makevars :
|
| CFLAGS += -Wno-ignored-attributes
| CXXFLAGS += -Wno-ignored-attributes

Yes. Sadly 'Policy' does not allow me (the package maintainer) to deal with
that at the package level.  Also see the R manuals on ~/.R/Makevars.

Also note though that you are suppressing _warning_ (irritating as they may
be) which are not _errors_.  The builds still succeed despite them.

| Mostly looking for confirmation that I'm on the right track and I'm not
| missing something. In addition, it might help someone else down the
| road who encounters the same issue. :)

Are you aware that the package exists as a binary?

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=r-cran-rcppeigen&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

See https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian for backport information.

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org