[R-sig-Debian] R 4.1.0 and Graphics Packages

Tue May 25 14:35:53 CEST 2021

On 25 May 2021 at 08:47, Johannes Ranke wrote:
| A more systematic way would be to have R 4.1.0-2 provide r-graphics-api_14 and
| only upload packages providing graphics devices that have a respective
| dependency from now on. But I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

If you wanted to you could do that locally for just the backport.

| At this point I don't really see what we can do other than spreading the word
| so the backports users can quickly address the problem by reinstalling the
| affected packages.

We can rebuild all the affected packages.  An 'apt update; apt upgrade' would
then pull them in.  That is generally my preferred approach.

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org