[R-sig-Debian] I cannot install any R package on Ubuntu: help, please!

Valerio Villani v@|er|o@cn2 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 4 17:52:36 CET 2021

Hi all,
I am new to this mailing list and Linux too.

I installed R and RStudio on my PC running Ubuntu 20.04. Unfortunately, I
cannot install any package with the install.packages() function. I tried
many things, but nothing worked so far.
I always get the following error message:

Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘#PACKAGE_NAME#’ had non-zero exit status

*You can find more information about the issue in the link I posted in this
tweet <https://twitter.com/ValerioVillani/status/1367410759857287171?s=20>.*

Thanks for your help, I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Valerio Villani

*Mr Valerio Villani*

PhD Student at the Lab of Action and Body <http://manostsakiris.com/>

Department of Psychology

*Royal Holloway, University of London*

<Valerio.Villani.2019 using live.rhul.ac.uk>
<https://twitter.com/ValerioVillani>
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=yG5NoagAAAAJ&hl=en>
<https://pure.royalholloway.ac.uk/portal/en/persons/valerio-villani(d22b83b1-9d90-4247-a5cb-d2150cf351ca).html>