[R-sig-Debian] Configure error: checking if libcurl supports https... no

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Aug 29 05:11:33 CEST 2021

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 19:55:12 -0500
Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:

> Rolf,
>
> Asking here is the Right Thing (TM) but I am in at this moment
> between two differen things (one of them being dinner...) so I have
> to come back to this ...

<SNIP>

Thanks Dirk.  I might try removing libcurl4-gnutls-dev again,
and installing libcurl4-openssl-dev again, while I'm waiting to hear
more from you.  Don't like my chances, but.

> So maybe my preference is on the wrong side of the tracks too. I
> don't fully understand why these cannot coexist...

Sheesh!  If *you* don't understand, what hope is there for the rest of
us, me in particular?

cheers,

Rolf

--