[R-sig-Debian] Installing in RStudio Server in Windows WSL2

Irene V. Siemen |nvogt603 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 16 21:37:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

I am following the below instructions for setting up an RStudio server in
Windows.

https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049776974-Using-RStudio-Server-in-Windows-WSL2

  I am a novice so I might be making an obvious mistake, but I am receiving
an error in step 3 of the RStudio server setup. I entered the below code
into ubuntu:
sudo add-apt-repository 'deb https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu
focal-cran40/'

and I received the error message:
E: The repository 'https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/Linux/ubuntu
focal-cran40/ Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
disabled by default.

Am I missing something or do I need to reference a different url?

thanks!
Irene