[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu 20.10

Mon Oct 26 16:42:18 CET 2020

On 26 October 2020 at 10:12, Frank Harrell wrote:
| Thanks Dirk - I think I turned off html now.

Confirmed!  :)    [ Out of curiousity, what was it?

| That worked.  I had actually "mastered" that a couple of years ago but keep forgetting how to get the latest and greatest r-debian repo.
|
| I just had to edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/c2d4u_team*.list to change groovy to focal.  I now see 4448 r-cran-* packages.
|
| I'll contact the debian package maintainer about the problem with RcppParallel.  I'm still now clear why there is no bug when I do a manual install from .tar.gz.

Sounds good. They are a bunch of very-well-meaning Debian folks looking after
a number of those 900+ packages in the distro, but they sometimes prioritise
Debian views / experience over R and CRAN so issues like this can arise.
Personally I think it is foolish to not take advantage of the very solid
testing CRAN already does but hey can't win them all...  Hope you get that
fixed with some help from them.

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org