[R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu 20.10

Mon Oct 26 14:50:39 CET 2020

Frank,

Your html mail still upsets my reader so still no quote.

I do not know what you refer to as "r-cran".  Maybe you mean that Debian and
Ubuntu have packages in the distro?  If so that is true since say 2003 when I
started adding via r-cran-rodbc which were actually followed by your design
package before it was rms and on cran...

To take the rstan example, it is in Debian
  https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=r-cran-stan
and hence also in Ubuntu
  https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=r-cran-stan

At present, there around 900 such r-cran-* or r-bioc-* packages directly in
Debian or Ubuntu.

It looks like are currently using one of these and have a bug. The best step
would then be to contact the (Debian) package maintainer.

But for completeness: The Rutter PPA remains extremely attractive as it
offers 4700 packages---which is significantly more than the 900 in core.

We also offer nice (and new) access layers via BSPM, or alternatively to RSPM
serving "raw" binaries (not .deb packages).  But that is a different topic. :)

Hope this helps, Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org